Thursday, October 08, 2015

Fall Trip

12113263_1670727713164397_3264981347686568414_oI am sitting in the airport in Osaka, Japan writing this post. I am on my way to San Francisco to begin my Fall recruiting and fund raising trip for PIU. I will also be attending the TRACS conference in Dallas Texas at the end of the month. I will be spending time in the following states: California, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas. My main goal is to recruit teachers, especially teachers who can teach on line, or can come out to Micronesia and teach in the classroom. Of course, if I could find some long term dedicated volunteer teachers that would be ideal – we love retirees. My main goal is to find English teachers who can teach in both our academic and remedial programs throughout Micronesia. Also, I hope to meet with some interested financial partners. While costs are going up, scholarship money from the island governments seems to be going down. We are looking for God to supply scholarship funds for needy students and operating and capital funds for the school.

Here is my schedule for this trip. Would love to see you if I am in your area…

Arrive SFO  Oct 9th

New Hope Church, Vacaville -  Sunday Oct 11th

Seminary Meeting Oct 13th

Gateway Church missions committee Oct 13th

Two days at my parents’ place  Oct 14-15

Fly to North Carolina  Oct 16

Meeting with 2 friends of PIU Oct 17-18

Columbia International University – Teacher recruiting, meeting with potential teachers and speaking in several classes Oct 19-22

Forest City NC Oct 23-24

Fly to Dallas Oct 25

Dallas – Recruit at Dallas Seminary, Meet with potential teachers and a foundation Oct 26-27

TRACS Conference, DFW airport,  October 28-30

Fly to Scotts Valley, California

Gateway Bible Church, Sunday November 1

Fly back to Guam November 3

No comments: