Friday, October 30, 2015

TRACS Conference #2

2015-10-30 17.52.14The TRACS conference concluded today and I can put away my suit jacket and ties for another year. I enjoyed the conference this year with several very helpful and practical 2015-10-30 08.58.49seminars. The theme was “defending a biblical world view.” There were several seminars dealing with the challenges of being a Christian school in a very secular society. One thing that perplexed me a bit was that nobody in the conference defined a “biblical worldview.” It seemed to be assumed that everyone knew what it meant, but I am not so sure that, at least in the particulars, a biblical worldview is so easily defined. I was pleased that several presenters boiled it down to a goal to live and love as Jesus did. I think it was a profitable time for me and I have a lot to share with our people at PIU. I am looking forward to next year in Anaheim.

2015-10-30 14.42.162015-10-30 18.44.55

I attended a seminar on using social media for marketing the school in the afternoon. The conference concluded with the annual banquet which featured cheesecake for dessert.

No comments: