Friday, October 23, 2015

Meet the Tavarez Family

IMG_1478

2015-10-20 19.33.22Today I drove from South to North Carolina. On the way up I met up with an old friend, Mickey Beckham, in Rock Hill SC and then continued up north. While in Columbia I stayed with the Tavarez family. Alex and Dani (4 children: Bekah, Micah, Isaiah and Selah) have been appointed by Liebenzell Mission USA as missionaries to PIU Guam. Our plan is to have Alex work with the Heimbachs in the Student Development department. Their target date for arrival on Guam is Summer 2016. They are now in the process of raising missionary support. It2015-10-20 19.33.57 was good to have some extended time to spend getting to know them and beginning the process of orienting them to the work they will be doing at PIU and to Micronesia. I would appreciate prayers for them for success in support-raising and preparation to serve. Thank you for praying for me as I have been recruiting. I had a chance to talk with several other prospects to come to PIU. We still need teachers, especially teachers who could serve (short or long term) in Chuuk, Palau, Yap and Pohnpei.

No comments: