Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Brief Owen Prayer Letter Update…

87626174F055 (819x1024)

From our latest email prayer letter…

Belated Easter greetings to everyone. I have been thinking a lot about resurrection lately. I read an article recently that suggested that maybe we don't long for resurrection as earnestly as we should because we have things too good here. I don't know about that, but I have experienced, through the trials of the past year, a deeper longing for resurrection and greater awareness of my need for the power of the Holy Spirit in my life. Last night, I will admit here, I was having a hard time dealing with my edema and runaway thoughts about what we might find on my PET scan three weeks from now, and in the dark I heard, "My peace I give to you, not as the world gives." I heard it over and over in my head. I am thankful for that peace that does not depend on how I feel in my body or in my emotions and yet affects both of those.

Joyce and I are still in waiting mode for my next PET scan. In the meantime we had a fun few days of vacation with Matt and family in Palm Desert and we will be able to go up and see Joyce's parents for a couple days next week. Our decision on what we will do next, is, of course, still pushed back as well, probably to the end of 2018. Until then, when we hope to be able to work again, we are not receiving a mission salary, but continue to use our mission account for ministry or relocation expenses. Joyce will, most likely, return to Guam in the summer to finish our move and take care of personal business.

I will begin physical therapy for the edema on Friday. No one knows how that will go. We pray that I will be able to manage the edema so that it will not be completely disabling. We would ask that you join us in prayer for that and for God's strength and comfort as we wait (that word again!) on the next test. Please pray for a cancer-free scan!

Thank you for your friendship, prayers, concern and support,

Dave and Joyce

PS The picture above was taken in February. I have more hair now!

No comments: