Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Post from a PIU Student

IMG_0051Last week the PIU Summer Ministry team returned from Palau. One of the team members (2nd year PIU student Olivia Simeon) has set up a blog and her first post was about the “Palau Mission Trip.” If you want to read her whole post, you can find it here. Here are some quotes from her post below in blue and I also lifted a few pictures from her post too. Good job Olivia and Palau team!

IMG_0007IMG_20130518_123602

This trip was an ultimate success thanks to God. It was His mission, He used us, He chose us, and with our willing hearts we all accomplished so many things. We held Vacation Bible Schools in 4 different states of Palau. First we had ours in Angaur and Peleliu, both outer islands of Palau. Then we had two more, one combo of kids from Koror and Airai and another in the Big island of Babeldoab. We combined (Ngchesaur, Melekeok, and Ngiwal together). It was hard, especially that we had to be a team in order to function, but through much learning from last years mission trip, I was able to do it again. I'm so glad for this door that the Lord opened for me. I'm glad to share this experience with you. I've learned so much about God, myself, and others. I learned that I grew so much from my years in PIU till now. I grew in character and am still growing. I've learned so many lessons and can't wait to continue to practice these lessons throughout my life. Lessons including holding my temper (I have a bad one) and learning to understand the problem, and or person. Learning also that I don't have to defend myself unless I know that through God's Word what another is doing is really wrong, but I don't have to fight anymore, but God will fight for me. I learned to be patient, to be nice, close my mouth, speak up about what's going on in the inside) there's so much more to talk about but this is all I can think of. I'm just thankful yet again to God for this wonderful, magnificent journey He has taken me on. I love you Lord ♥

I plan to post some more about this ministry trip as soon as I can interview the team members.

No comments: