Sunday, July 28, 2013

Trip to the Anchorage Museum

SAMSUNG            On Sunday afternoon the conference ended and Joyce and I shifted into vacation mode for a few days before we returned to Guam. SAMSUNG            One of our first outings was to the Anchorage museum. We took Isis with us and spent most of the day there. I love museums and would actually be pretty happy with a vacation that included nothing but museums and historical sites (note that my next post will contradict this – I let you know in advance.), and, of course, restaurants. I was impressed by how much the museum had to offer including a planetarium, multiple tours and shows, an art gallery along with the usual stuff. I felt like I learned a lot about Alaska’s geography, history and cultures. And we had a great time too.

This is as close as we got to a grizzly bear.

Although later they saw a real moose

Saw some movies about the “Alaskan bush”

One whole floor was devoted to the history of Alaskan aviation

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

There was a large hands-on science area where we spent a lot of time. Here Isis encloses herself in a giant bubble.

We ended the museum visit with a walk around downtown Anchorage

No comments: