Monday, March 06, 2017

1st Chemotherapy Session

20170303_143119 (1024x768)We woke up this morning to a heavy snowfall and I was a little worried that we wouldn't be able to get out and get to the doctor.  But the snow quickly cleared up and we made it to the chemotherapy session without problem. It wasn't painless, but it was a lot less traumatic than I expected. The infusion center was a quiet welcoming place. They had snacks for us and took care of all of our needs.  After about an hour of preparation I got 3 drugs  that are are going to, hopefully, kill the T-cells and shrink the swollen lymph nodes that are causing so many problems in my body.  I was very impressed with the nurses and all the personnel there who took a very personal interest in us  and cared about us.  Now we will see how the treatment works.

20170306_135710 (768x1024)I am told that the two or three days after the chemotherapy session are the worst ones. The doctor has given me an anti-nausea medicine that I hope will be effective. I am counting on losing my hair.  I will be going in to see the doctor for the next seven days in a row to get shots to build up my red and white blood cells.  I am just glad that we have gotten started on the treatment. I'm looking forward to getting rid of some of the discomfort of the swelling. Hopefully that will happen and I ask for your prayers for this.

Thank you everyone who prayed for me. I think your prayers were a major factor in things going so well. I know that Joyce and I experienced God’s peace throughout the process. Please continue praying as we go through the next three weeks of recovery from the chemotherapy session. It actually turned out to be a pretty nice day.

No comments: