Friday, March 31, 2017

Update and Some Sad News From PIU

20170330_081823 (768x1024)I have gotten through my second chemotherapy session and I am no longer toxic. My side effects were relatively mild. I had a little bit of the chills and the sweats and one small bout with nausea. Not too bad at all.  I am losing a lot more hair as you can see in the picture. My beard is getting thin so you can see my chin again.  The edema is slowly leaving my body, a little more slowly than I would like. But I am happy for that. Next Wednesday I will get evaluated by the doctor. He will decide when to refer me back down to Stanford to get another PET scan to see how the chemotherapy is affecting the T cells in my lymph nodes.  I'm very curious to know how the chemotherapy has progressed  and where my cancer stands.  I'm thankful for your prayers regarding my chemotherapy.

Today we are also mourning the passing of PIU volunteer April stone.  April was a wonderful woman of God and the students and staff loved her as she came out to PIU for the last few years as a volunteer to teach English.  Yesterday, she went home to be with the Lord.  She will be missed by all of us.  Please pray for her husband Howard Stone and her daughter and son son-in-law, Ken and Ruth Dixon, and their family. This is been a tough semester at PIU. We have been going through a lot of difficult things. I would ask that you remember the staff, faculty and students in prayer.

20170330_084026 (1024x768)Finally, we are enjoying having our son Matt, his wife Kristin and the kids here with us this week.  Joyce especially has been enjoying the baby. Today she is taking the kids up the mountain so that they can have their first experience of being in snow.  I get a quiet day to relax, rest and write. We appreciate all of you who pray for us.  Please continue to pray for healing for me, strength for Joyce and God's provision for Pacific Islands University.

No comments: